In-store Consumer Analytics For Retail Businesses

Optimizing Customer Experience

Realizing the Promise of in-store Consumer Analysis

In-store retailers everywhere can now quantify and classify the demographics of their consumers, evaluate the impact of store layouts, optimize new product displays, identify which products consumers interact with most, determine popular shopping paths, and ensure the checkout experience is not impacted by overly long lines.

BriefCam transforms how retail stores do business by leveraging video surveillance to aggregate and uncover quantifiable data and trends to increase profits. By using BriefCam to map customer paths, object interaction and dwell time at different displays, retail stores can optimize floor planning and A/B test different options.

Optimizing Floor Plans

The statistics don’t lie. Less than 1% of surveillance video is ever seen by human eyes. That leaves more than 99% of surveillance video providing no value whatsoever. BriefCam extracts meaningful and quantifiable data out of that video, and organizes it into the information that helps drive your business.

Retailers can watch the heat map videos of customer paths and find the high and low traffic areas. By adjusting spacing and display configurations, they can boost traffic to all products. Retailers can also perform A/B testing of the different display types and floor layouts to see which yield the best results. In addition, BriefCam’s analytics also take guess work out of retail planning. Track and quantify those products where people stop to look and what they pick up to investigate further. Compare this to purchases to understand the whole chain of consumer behavior.

Tracking Success Factors

Use quantifiable demographics, customer volume analysis and object interaction information to determine the success of promotions and locations. By tracking aggregate data over time, you can see trends that show which ads or promotions are driving results. Retailers can discover if certain programs are delivering increased customer volume, but not incremental sales. This can also be used in malls to determine if low sales are a result of poor store management and marketing, or if the problem is that the mall location has poor traffic or attracts the wrong customer demographic. Evaluate store managers based on real conversion performance rather than absolute sales numbers.