Backend Team Leader
About The Position
We are looking for an experienced BackEnd Team Leader to lead our Integrations and Infrastructure team in a new offshore branch. The team's main effort will be to handle the integrations and RnD support tasks (tier 4) as well as handle the general infrastructure product features from the BackEnd side. The Team leader position requires both managerial and technical hands-on activities, a high degree of collaboration with other teams in BriefCam RnD, partners and customers.
BriefCam® is the industry’s leading provider of Video Synopsis® solutions for rapid video review and search, real-time alerting, and quantitative research insights.
We develop and maintain the system that got many interfaces and integrations with 3-rd party vendors' products, works at a large scale and uses multiple technologies in the world of video analytics and high-load environments on a scale from a single machine solution to the thousands of cameras in enterprise environments.
What you will do
· Build and manage a small team of software engineers
· Facilitate RnD activities (code review, SCRUM sprints, unit testing) among your team members
· Hands-on development of the integration and infrastructure code in C#/C++ languages
· Handle 4th tier customer support requests/issues
· Collaborate with other teams in RnD and Product
· Support office needs
· Solid experience in team management (3+ years)
· Solid experience in software development (7+ years)
· Solid experience with large-scale architecture and distributed services systems
· Solid hands-on experience with C#, C++ (4+ years)
· Experience with relational DBs - must, MongoDB - advantage
· Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Experience with video management systems, codecs and RTSP - advantage
· Self-managed and self-didact
· Excellent communication skills in English - both oral and written
· Academic degree in Computer science/SW Engineering - must