Senior Back-end, Software Engineer
About The Position
BriefCam® is the industry’s leading provider of Video Synopsis® solutions for rapid video review and search, real-time alerting, and quantitative research insights.
We are looking for an accomplished software engineer to join the back-end development team creating innovative applications for video search and review. The candidate will be responsible for designing and developing the components as required, unit testing the developed components, testing and verifying the developed code within the project or product module.
- Acting as a key member of backend development team, while reporting to the team leader.
- Experience in Security, and Customer Insights markets, specifically in the Video Management Software (VMS) space, is an advantage
- Contributing to system architecture and product roadmap.
- Requirement gathering, designing & coding, developer testing, UAT & implementation on various platforms per business requirements.
- Participating in development and design meetings, as appropriate, to ensure that quality objectives are addressed at appropriate phases within the software development life-cycle.
- Creating conceptual documents and designing the business logic in detail.
- Strong hands-on programming skills.
- Solid experience in C# and C++
- Experience in VMS (Video Management Systems) – Milestone, Genetec…etc.
- Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC and other video and audio codec standards
- Experience with at least one of FFMPEG/x264/x265/libvpx.
- Experience with container formats, transmuxing and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS)
- Experience working with third party developer tools, including documentation, APIs, SDKs, and client libraries.
- Experience building public Web Services such as REST and SOAP.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases – an advantage.
- Performance improvements / tuning of applications.
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Proven track record of achieving stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.