Senior Back-end Engineer
About The Position
We are looking for an accomplished software engineer to join the back-end development team creating innovative applications for video search and review. The candidate will be responsible for designing and developing the components as required, unit testing the developed components, testing and verifying the developed code within the project or product module. A successful candidate will demonstrate experience designing and developing new features and/or maintaining existing applications; a desire to work in a fast paced, Agile software development environment; and a passion for building world class products.
- Acting as a key member of backend development team, while reporting to the team leader.
- Contributing to system architecture and product roadmap.
- Requirement gathering, designing & coding, developer testing, UAT & implementation on various platforms per business requirements.
- Participating in development and design meetings, as appropriate, to ensure that quality objectives are addressed at appropriate phases within the software development life-cycle.
- Creating conceptual documents and designing the business logic in detail.
- Strong hands-on programming skills.
- Solid experience in C# and C++
- Experience in Java, WCF, Python – an advantage.
- Experience building public Web Services such as REST and SOAP.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience cross-compiling & porting (e.g. make, autoconf) – an advantage.
- Performance improvements / tuning of applications.
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Proven track record of achieving stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Experience building customer facing applications deployed on cloud environment (AWS, Azure or similar) – an advantage.
- Passionate about new technologies.
- Ability to find simple solutions to difficult problems.
- Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- 3+ years of in-depth experience in application design and development.
- BA/BSc in Engineering/Computer Science or similar.